I will be the keynote speaker at the America Midwest Regional Final competition of the Global Security Challenge (GSC) on September 22nd in Chicago. This event is part of a global competition to deliver innovative solutions to pressing cybersecurity problems. The GSC Security Summit 2009, which will be held November 13 in London, will see the culmination of the six regional finals held around the world in September and October. The Summit will include the final pitches from each regional finalist in the SME and Start-up categories, as well as the ‘Dragon’s Den’ style closed-door Q&A with the expert Judging Committees. The award categories are:
- Best Security SME
- Most Promising Security Start-up
- Most Promising Security Idea
Top contenders from previous Global Security Challenge competitions have subsequently raised over $55 million in new capital. The current open competition is for the “Most Promising Security Idea”:
The GSC committee recognizes that there are many potentially disruptive innovations that have yet to reach commercialization. Through the Most Promising Security Idea category, the GSC encourages innovators to continue to pursue their ideas and efforts. The award is designed to support and promote researchers, infant companies (with no revenue), and any other inventors who just have an idea for a security solution.
The winners of this category will receive:
- $10,000 cash grant, sponsored by Accenture.
- Mentorship from Mark Shaheen, managing director of Civitas Group.
- Unparalleled networking opportunity with government officials and industry leaders.
- Invaluable publicity.
- Examples of our areas of interest are (but are not limited to): biometrics, detection sensors, cyber security, video surveillance, RFID, personnel protection, encryption software, data-mining, biotechnologies, and explosive trace detection. Who can Apply?: Eligible entrants must be a company, or one or more individuals, whose idea did not generate revenue in 2008.Deadline for Submissions: September 1, 2009 at 11.59 GMT.
For more information on the GSC CLICK HERE. I am proud to be involved with this competition as it represents the type of innovation challenge that drives entrepreneurs to develop breakthrough ideas into real companies.